Timothy Carter’s article for Business.com asked readers to identify their decision-making styles. He concluded that everyone fits into one of 5 categories: 1) Gut instinct follower; 2) Interviewer; 3) Exhaustive researcher; 4) Objective debater and 5) Random chance submitter. Each carries over to one’s personal life, so when deciding where and when to vacation, your style of decision-making will come in handy.
Current travel news is uplifting as Belize is fast returning to its pre-Covid glory, sending travel-starved consumers in search of the best beaches in Central America. They’re all in Belize, but when it comes to “where in Belize?”, a grand debate has resulted in a tie: Hopkins and Placencia. Read these facts. Answer these questions. You’ll have a perfect vacation no matter where you decide to land!
Is Hopkins for You? The answer is yes if…
- You prefer a small community that is less touristy and more authentic.
- You love the idea of staying in a town with a quaint fishing village vibe.
- You’re fascinated by the Garifuna people and want to know more about them.
- You are curious about Garifuna cooking, music and the culture of this vibrant Afro-Caribbean community.
- You’ve been wondering why Hopkins is called “the friendliest village in Belize.”
- You crave an authentic taste of unspoiled nature where crowds don’t exist.
- You want access to the Belize Barrier Reef, water adventures, wildlife sanctuaries, banana and cacao farms.
Is Placencia for You? The answer is yes if…
- Island hopping to places like Laughing Bird Caye and Silk Cayes sounds like heaven.
- You’re up for diving with whale sharks during the height of their migration season.
- You’re wondering why beaches on the peninsula are regularly proclaimed the best of the best.
- The idea of having two beaches at your fingertips – ocean and lagoon – sounds idyllic.
- Being close to beach bars, nightclubs, restaurants, boutiques and other tourist stops is important to you.
- Placencia also gives travelers easy, close access to the Belize Barrier Reef.
- This peninsula is Mecca to fishing, kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving enthusiasts.
- Proximity to Placencia Village, so close you can walk or bike there, sounds fabulous.
Made a decision?
Having employed your unique decision-making skills to reach a conclusion wasn’t as easy as you thought, right? Both places sound fabulous so there’s a good chance you reacted sensibly by following in the footsteps of those who decide they want to spend time at both places. You can make that happen since you’ll have plenty of accommodation choices at both locations.
The most highly-recommended and rated property, say travelers who insist on sojourning in Hopkins, is the Belizean Dreams Resort. Just as many delighted travelers choose Laru Beya Resort on the Placencia peninsula since guests stay in close proximity to all of these sites, too.
You’ll have to use the best of your decision-making skills since both resorts have won numerous awards, are known for luxurious accommodations, are small enough to deliver on unprecedented, personal service and you couldn’t have a disappointing time at either! So what’s the answer to your dilemma? Stay at both, of course, remembering that the adage “twice is nice” always decides debates!