Policies - Belizean Dreams Beach Resort
- 25% deposit is due at the time of booking.
- Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival. Except for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) that requires payment in full 60 days prior to arrival.
- Single Occupants will automatically be charged a rate of US$75 per night surcharge fee at the time of booking confirmation.
- All charges to international cards are processed in Belize and will be in Belize Dollars as that is our Country's currency.
- The initial deposit payment may be automatically charged via our booking engine, which charges in US currency or the deposit may be charged through our local bank in Belize Dollars utilizing a Standard Exchange Rate (US$1 = BZ$2) and as such, are subject to exchange rate variances. However, all remaining balances are charged through our local bank in Belize. The Standard Exchange Rate in Belize is approximately US$1 to BZ$2. Your bank will then convert our Belize charges back to your currency and will utilize the applicable market exchange rate at the time of conversion. Please note that Belizean Dreams Resort is not responsible for any currency exchange rate variances or international processing fees applied by the banks or Credit Card Companies. For Discover cards, both deposits and final payments are charged through the resort's local bank in Belize Dollars.
- Belizean Dreams Resort is not responsible for any currency rate of exchange variances applied by banks or for any international processing fees that may be charged by your credit card company.
- Card payments accepted: Visa, Amex, Discover and MasterCard Credit cards/ Debit card.
- All rates are subject to change without notice.
- All rates are in USD and includes all taxes / fees.
- All rates are based on double occupancy in each bedroom.
- Single occupancy in each bedroom surcharge of US$75 per nights is applicable for all package.
- Rates listed on the package pages are per couple for all packages and per night for all Room Only (EP) rates.
- All our rates include 8.5 service charge.
- Maximum occupancy for each room are as follows: One bedroom boutique room (no view) (Maximum Occupancy = 2), One bedroom standard (Maximum Occupancy = 2), One bedroom suite (Maximum Occupancy = 3), two bedroom executive suite (Maximum Occupancy = 5) and three bedroom villa (Maximum Occupancy = 8).
- Adult rates apply for any person over the age of 12 and infant rates apply for any person ages 5 and under.
- Room upgrade are subject to availability. If there is no availability for a room upgrade you selected, the resort reserves the right to remove the upgrade from your package and the cost accordingly.
Discount Eligibility for Rates
FOR PACKAGE BOOKINGS:
For the One Bedroom Boutique Room and One Bedroom Standard Unit (Max Occupancy = 2):
- Children (Ages 2-12) get 30% off when staying in the same room with one adult based on double occupancy
For all Other Rooms/Villas:
- Adults (Ages 13+) get 20% off when staying in the same room with two adults.
- Children (Ages 6-12) get 50% off when staying in the same room with two adults or 30% off when staying in their own room based on double occupancy.
- Children (Ages 2-5) are charged US$75 per day when staying in the same room with two Adults or 30% off when staying in their own room based on double occupancy.
- Packages may have discount eligibility restrictions. Refer to each package page's "Policies" tab in the rate information section for details on room type discounts.
- Local flight cost within all packages are not eligible for discounts.
FOR ROOM ONLY (EP) BOOKINGS:
- Extra persons will be charged US$25 per night per person.
- Please contact us for rates not listed on our website.
- All cancellations must be received in writing and confirmed by our resort to be considered valid/effective.
- Trips cancelled as a result of, or due to, airline delays, strikes, sickness, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues and/or as result of inclement weather, pandemics such as COVID-19 and/or acts of God including hurricanes are subject to our cancellation policy.
- No refunds will be given for denied entry caused by failure to carry proper proof of citizenship or the appropriate visa. (Read about entry requirements on our website).
- No refunds will be given for cancellations due to being placed into quarantine for medical issues including pandemics such as COVID-19. Rescheduled stays will be subject to rescheduling cost and policies.
- If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability.
- There is a $200 USD / $400.00 BZE administration fee for all cancellations for each room; this fee will be deducted prior to all refunds.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MADE:
- 120 or more days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 100% of this balance will be refunded.
- 90-119 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 75% of this balance will be refunded.
- 31-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
- Less than 30 days prior to arrival date, guest is entitled to NO refund.
Cancellation on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
- 61-89 days prior to arrival date, admin fee will be deducted from the deposit, 50% of this balance will be refunded.
- Less than 60 days prior to arrival date, guest is entitled to NO refund.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Room Only (EP) Bookings include accommodations only.
- There is a 4 nights / 5 days minimum package stay for bookings, except for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) that requires a 7 nights/ 8 days minimum package stay for booking and Thanksgiving week that requires a 5 nights/ 6 days minimum package stay for booking.
- A minimum of a 14 night stay is required to book the Inland + Island package with Coco Plum Island between December 19-January 5. One Bedroom Boutique Rooms in the Promenade Building are not available for this package.
- Unused portions of Packages (meals and/or activities etc.) / Trips shortened as a result of or due, but not limited, to airline delays, strikes, world events, no-shows, premature departures, personal issues, inclement weather, pandemics such as COVID-19 and/or acts of God, including hurricanes are NON-refundable and NON-transferable.
- All additional meals, transportation, drinks and/or tours etc. will be billed to your incidentals and should be paid for at check-out or the resort reserves the right to charge your credit card on file.
- Belizean Dreams Resort cannot accept responsibility for any delay, inconvenience, damaged possessions, sickness or additional expenses incurred which may be caused either directly or indirectly by events outside our control such as weather, late arrival of flights, pandemics such as COVID-19 or acts of God.
- All guests acknowledge and agree that they are fully aware of the contagious nature and effects of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume that risk and responsibility and further agree that they will release, indemnify and hold harmless Belizean Dreams Resort, and their respective parent corporations, affiliates, subsidiaries insurers, directors, officers, employees, managers, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, against any claims and/or damages whatsoever, including legal fees relating to any infection, transmission, health condition influenced or otherwise impacted or complication by COVID-19.
- The bartender reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who has clearly exceeded their limit.
- The hotel management declines all responsibilities for valuables left in the room after check out.
- Smoking of any substance in our rooms is strictly prohibited. If smoking is detected at anytime during or immediately after a guests' stay, management reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of US$500 per room.
- Additional specialty tours to the jungle and to the reef can be arranged for an additional fee, please contact us
- Guests are NOT allowed to switch between Coco Plum Island and Belizean Dreams resorts during their stay with us. Guests must cancel with us in writing (adhering to our Cancellation Policy) and then book with our sister resort.
- You can split your vacation between both Belizean Dreams and Coco Plum Island by booking our Inland/Island Package. Contact us for rates and availability. If you have already booked your vacation in full with Belizean Dreams, however, and would like to switch your reservation to Coco Plum that is not allowed. Although Coco Plum Island Resort is our sister resort, we are managed separately and therefore we would require you to cancel with us in writing directly (adhering to our Cancellation Policy) and thereafter book with Coco Plum Island Resort in accordance with their booking policy. Although Coco Plum Island is our sister resort, each resort is managed separately and has policies accordingly. Please refer to the Inland/Island Package page for additional specific policies pertaining to that package.
- All Date Change Requests must be made in writing and is subject to availability and management's approval. Rescheduling Cost for such request is as follows:
- 120 or more days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$100.00 rescheduling fee.
- 90-119 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$300.00 rescheduling fee.
- 31-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
- 30 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
- Guest moving from Low to High Season will be expected to pay the difference.
- Guest moving from High to Low Season will not be compensated for the difference.
Date Change Requests on booking done for stay between Christmas & New Year (December 19th to January 5th) and Easter Holiday (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Monday) will be subject to the following changes in the above policy:
- 61-89 days prior to arrival date, guest will be subject to a US$450.00 rescheduling fee.
- 60 days or less will NOT be entitled to any change of date option.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR TOURS
Belize is located in the jungle tropics, known for its melting pot of diverse cultures and pristine one of a kind landscape, architectures, flora and fauna. It is also one of the most visited tourist destinations. However, acts of nature are sometimes beyond our control and may temporarily hinder the natural path and attractiveness of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Package tours must be chosen according to our daily tour schedule.
- Tours arranged on days other than our scheduled tour days are subject to an upgrade fee per person.
- All boat itineraries and activities are weather and conditions permitting at resort's discretion.
- We cannot guarantee the clarity of the ocean at all times as a result of weather.
There is risk involved in any outdoor activity and accidents may occur, therefore at Belizean Dreams Resort we consider safety our most important concern.
It is recommended that guests purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of your booking to protect you against illness, injury, loss of personal items and baggage, cancellation, and other travel contingencies.
At this time, we do not offer travel insurance through Belizean Dreams Resort.
- Our Rates already include 8.5 service charges which is distributed equally among ALL our staff as we believe everyone plays an important role in your stay with us.
- Additional Gratuity / Tips :
- Are generally given at your discretion, there is nothing too small or too big.
- We suggest that you request an envelope at front desk with your specific instructions to be sent to our accounting department.
- The accounting department will ensure proper and transparent distribution through the staff's bank accounts.
See our FAQs
for more information.
Belizean Dreams is a wonderful place to relax and explore the beautiful country of Belize. One of the best family vacations we have had so far, definitely recommended. - TripAdvisor user