What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and])
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
- Other information
Using your personal information:
We may use your personal information to:
- To collect payment for reservations
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- To respond to questions or comments
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. We will not share your information with any outside organizations except when required or permitted by law. Belizean Dreams Resort is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other to which it sites it links.
Information that is collected will only be used for the purpose outlined when collected. We may at times contact you if you specifically agree to and/or request follow-up contacts or ask to be added to our mailing list.
You may out out if you no longer wish to receive our e-mail newsletters, which includes an "Unsubscribe" link. Upon unsubscribe confirmation, your e-mail address will be removed from our database and you will no longer receive future newsletters from us.
Cookies are information files that are sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are utilized to recognize your device when you return to the website for future visits. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close a browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file instructions.
Types of Cookies Collected
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and utilize its features.
Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website; for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they encounter error messages on web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore kept anonymous. They are used for the sole purpose of improving the way our website works.
Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.
Targeting Cookies or Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
This website and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as Google advertising cookies) or other third-party identifiers together (for example to serve ads based on someone's past visits to this website). Users can opt-out from data being used by Google Analytics here. Google Analytics Advertising Features enabled on this site are:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data for advertising purposes, including the collection of data via advertising cookies and identifiers.
By using this website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file instructions.
If you have additional questions about our privacy statement please feel free to contact us.