Covid-19 Belize Entry Requirements
The graphic below from the Tourism Board summaries arrival procedures and any Belize travel restrictions. Under the graphic, you will find more details. Kindly note, procedures can change, so it’s best to check with the Belize Tourism Board site for the most up to date information.
Source: BTB | Updated 3/2/2021
Before Your Visit - More Details:
So Belize is open for travel, but there are a few things that you need to do before you arrive.
- Download the Belize Health App and complete the required information at least 72 hours prior to arrival. A QR code with a unique ID number will be returned to you, and will be used for contact tracing while in Belize. The Belize Health App is available for download at the Apple App Store here https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1526504478. Android users will need to utilize this link: https://sib.org.bz/downloads/com.gob.travelhealth.apk. THIS APP HAS BEEN REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF BELIZE. YOU MAY RECEIVE A WARNING WHEN DOWNLOADING THE APP. KINDLY DISREGARD THE WARNING AND PROCEED TO DOWNLOAD THE APP AS IT IS A REQUIREMENT FOR TRAVEL TO BELIZE. Check back here before arrival for any updates: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety.
- Tip: We highly recommend that you take a screenshot of the QR code to facilitate the entry process.
- March 2, 2021 update: If you provide proof of Covid-19 immunization, you are no longer required to present a negative test result for entry. Belize will accept an official vaccine card reflecting the receipt of the two dose vaccine or the single dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival.
- If you have not been vaccinated, the Government of Belize strongly encourages travelers to take a Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test within 96 hours of travel to Belize OR a Rapid Antigen, Sophia, SD Biosensor, ABBOT (Panbio) Covid-19 test no more than 48 hours prior to traveling to Belize. If you are unable to bring a Covid-19 test, you can take one upon arrival at your own expense (USD$50.00). Only cash is being accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available.
Upon Arrival in BZE - More Details:
- You will disembark the plane - wearing a face mask - and proceed to health screening. Throughout travel in Belize, you are required to wear a mask, while in public spaces and at the resort’s shared public spaces as well as maintain social distancing.
- If you brought along your negative COVID-19 PCR test, you will proceed to the ‘fast track’ lane for Immigration & Customs processing. After clearing Immigration and Customs, continue to the domestic airline, Maya Island Air, to check in and board your local flight. Depending on your health screening, you may be randomly selected for secondary testing.
- If you were unable to bring the results of a RT-PCR or approved rapid Covid-19 test, you will be required to proceed to the testing area for a COVID-19 test.
- Testing is at the passengers’ expense and costs US$50.00. Only cash is being accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available.
- Testing at the airport will be done on a “Swab and Go” basis for tourists that will be staying in Gold Standard hotels.
- Only positive cases will receive notification from the Ministry of Health within 24 hours at our Gold Standard hotel. Any positive tourist can quarantine at our Gold Standard hotel; quarantine is at the passengers’ expense and the Ministry of Health must provide clearance for you to leave quarantine.
- After being cleared by Health Officials, proceed to Immigration and Customs, and then exit the airport via the Tourism Safe Corridor using Gold Standard or certified air or ground transportation.
- In the case of a display of symptoms while at the resort, you will be required to quarantine at the traveler’s expense.
- If you are placed into quarantine, our cancellation and rescheduling policies still apply. If you are required to be quarantined while at the resort for an extended period of time, the resort will provide a discounted rate for accommodations and meals, pending availability. Kindly note this may involve a room change.
- We do not recommend traveling to Belize if you have displayed symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days prior to your arrival date. This will prevent you having to quarantine in Belize for an extended period of time.
- More information regarding entry requirements can be found on the Belize Tourism site: https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. As well as our resort policies which include necessary COVID-19 updates: https://www.belizeandreams.com/policies.
Covid-19 United States Entry Requirements
Belizean Dreams Resort has coordinated offering antigen testing for visitors returning to the United States which will now require a negative test result upon re-entry.
- Tests will be conveniently administered on property at least 72 hours prior to departure by a testing team and CDC-approved 3rd party laboratory so you can enjoy your vacation with peace of mind.
- Testing will be scheduled upon arrival to the resort, will be coordinated in accordance with testers availability and offered at your own expense.
- Upon completion of testing, guests can select electronic results as well as obtain a sealed, printed copy.
- In the event of a positive diagnosis, our resort has Covid-19 protocols in place for a guest to quarantine in the comfort of our resort at a discounted rate inclusive of accommodations meals, pending availability. Kindly note this may involve a room change. Contact your reservation specialists directly for additional information. It is our priority to ensure that guests are comfortable until they test with a negative result to depart following governmental and safety guidelines.