Veteran travelers who believe that there’s only one place to go for a Belize vacation – Ambergris Caye – are frequently surprised to learn that they can have a more relaxing, tranquil holiday in Hopkins where “laid back” is elevated to an art and where attractions and activities are equally bountiful, minus the crowds.
As one frequent Ambergris Caye tourist said, “Once I discovered Hopkins, I found the heart of Belize and I wouldn’t think of going anywhere else!” You’re going to agree. From a fascinating mix of Belizeans to proximity to world-class attractions, sites, and activities, Hopkins, he added, “Is where it’s at!”
- Search for the wildcats of the Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve. This unique preserve isn’t just home to endangered species like jaguars; it’s also an epicenter of tropical forests, tumbling waterfalls, and ancient Maya ruins.
- Meet more critters. A Monkey River sailing adventure and jungle trek introduces you to stealthy crocodiles, loquacious Howler monkeys, and other “locals.”
- Go on a horseback riding tour. Horseback riding allows you to discover and explore nature with a sense of timeless freedom and exhilaration. Our experienced guides will take you on a relaxed horseback ride to local citrus orchards, into the rainforest, and through small creeks and rivers.
- Focus on the past. A visit to the Maya ruin of Xunantunich not only proves a thrilling experience but visitors can walk to the summit, climbing the same steps used by indigenous residents between 1000 BC and 250 AD.
- Get your fill of thrills. Bocawina National Park is a short drive from Hopkins where the thrill of hiking, ziplining, and swimming in this park’s waterfall pools could be the highlights of your stay!
- Let’s go birding! The natural vegetation of fruit, berry, and nut trees along the banks of many Belize rivers are home to an abundance of bird nests. You will see a mixture of keel-billed toucans (Belize’s national bird!), green herons, pale-billed woodpeckers, squirrel cuckoos, hummingbirds, and much more while on our Belize bird watching tours.
- Wander Hopkins by foot or rent a bicycle to work off delicious foods you’ll consume at Hopkins’ eateries. Shop, browse, and immerse yourself in this unique culture.
- Take a chocolate tour. Learn how ancient Mayas turned cacao beans into food for the gods. Taste test, too!
- Meet the Garifuna. Deep African and Caribbean roots are reflected in their art, music, food, and more.
- Headquarter at the top resort in Hopkins for access to these adventures and more. Belizean Dreams Resort is perched along the shoreline, so add endless aquatic activities into your itinerary by staying at Belizean Dreams, too!
About Belizean Dreams
Belizean Dreams is an small boutique resort dedicated to exceeding the expectations of every guest, as exemplified by all of the tour offerings available through the resort. By availing yourself of a resort Belize all inclusive package, you customize your stay and save money.
Save even more by meeting conditions set forth by Belizean Dreams management for as much as $500US off the price of your all inclusive stay. Is it any wonder travelers are finding everything they seek and more when they discover Hopkins?