Hopkins is a small village on the coast of the Stann Creek District that is a center of the nation’s Garifuna culture. Further, Hopkins is the “Friendliest Village” in Belize, a badge locals wear with pride.
Here’s the best part of Hopkins: There are a surprising number of things to see and do that still offer you plenty of time to unwind, including cafes, shops and cultural opportunities, many of which are associated with the Garifuna people. These 7 reasons will convince you to stop hesitating and start packing.
- Hopkins locals never met a tourist they couldn’t win over with their smiles, openness and friendliness. The vibe in Hopkins encourages visitors to take deep breaths and go with the flow, not easy to do for harried travelers who live in the fast lane!
- Hopkins is no slouch when it comes to events. Between lobster season, Mango Fest, Belize Independence Day, Conch season, Garifuna Settlement Day and other fun celebrations, there are enough festivals and occasions to satisfy visitors year-round.
- Hopkins is charming and quaint. You’ll feel the former fishing village vibe everywhere you go and vistas, equally impressive, include the beauty of the Maya Mountains and Caribbean Sea.
- Sojourn in Hopkins and you’ll be in near the Cockscomb Range, home to the Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary where the world’s lone jaguar reserve is located.
- Prefer vacations that are wild and daring? Take a zipline adventure or hike Victoria Peak (At 3,681 feet, you’ll get a workout!), both located in Bocawina National Park.
- You’re not imagining things if you hear drumbeats throughout your Hopkins stay. Mastering the art of drumming is easy thanks to lessons from Garifuna drummers, most of whom began drumming as soon as they were old enough to sit up.
- Stay where you play so you get to be in the middle of the action. Sojourning at Belizean Dreams Resort is where you want to be as part of your introduction to Hopkins.
Vacation like a mogul; spend like a pauper!
No need to look skyward; find your bliss at Belizean Dreams where current specials will slay every one of your self-induced reasons to stay home! Here’s the skinny on the two avenues you can take to save money while you wind down:
There’s a birthday party scheduled to mark Belize’s 40th as a sovereign nation and you get the gifts. Get US$40 off (per person/per night) on select Belizean Dreams all inclusive packages when you stay for 4 nights. Alternately, linger longer and receive discounts that get bigger the longer you stay.
Both deals are awesome. Schedule your visit between now and December 18, 2021 (the anniversary offer must be nailed by September 19th) and peruse the easy to read and understand parameters associated with both. The time is right to discover the beauty, welcoming people and fun travelers find only when they choose Hopkins as their vacation destination.
Contact Us Today
US Toll-Free: 1 (800) 456 7150
Local Belize Reservation Desk: +501-522-2400
Local Belize Front Desk: +501-670-2251
(add "011" to the local numbers to call from US)