Wikipedia and TripAdvisor don’t always agree when describing destinations, but on the topic of Hopkins, Belize, the authentic village known for its laid-back vibe and vibrant Garifuna populace, there is consensus. This haven in the Stann Creek District is the place to be if you want to see, taste, experience, and recreate at a hub that is not only considered to be the cultural center of the region, but the place to be this fall if your idea of vacations revolves around food, drink, and fun.
Not necessarily the destination that attracts the party crowd like Ambergris Caye, Hopkins is the epicenter of mellow—the ideal place to sojourn in the fall when the lure of warmth and sun calls to you as you rake leaves and prepare for winter. Sound enticing? Here’s a taste of what you can anticipate as soon as you grab airline tickets and dig out your flip-flops!
Where to Sample the Local Culture in Hopkins
- For a taste of local drumming and off-property fun, Driftwood Beach Bar & Pizza Shack is your spot to soak up the lively Hopkins area entertainment scene.
- Kat’s Coffee is a coffeehouse off the beaten path with homemade cookies, waffles, paninis, breakfast bowls, and iced coffees.
- Discover Roast Coffee House, just a stone’s throw from Garimaya Gift Shop. This charming café features air conditioning and serves up a delightful selection of coffee, frappes, teas, and smoothies. It’s a perfect stop when biking into the village from Belizean Dreams.
- N’Ice Cream, offers local homemade specialty ice creams including gluten free and vegan desserts as well.
- Last but not least our onsite Woven Palms Restaurant, a fusion of Belizean and American cuisine with fresh, local ingredients and nightly specials.
Where to stay during your escape
Leaves may be falling at a brisk rate back home, but at Hopkins’ Belizean Dreams Resort, spirits soar thanks to this property’s location and beauty. From elegant digs to an infinity swimming pool, blissful spa, and concierge services, your hosts will be delighted to recommend additional places to eat and drink during your time at the resort.
With money you save on all inclusive packages during your fall sojourn at Belizean Dreams, treat yourself to add-ons and adventure tours to explore more of this delightful region. Whether you’re ready to discover Hopkins now or prefer to wait for winter, Belizean Dreams offers proximity to the eateries listed above and so many more, you may need those tours to work off some of those calories!