How long has it been since you took your last beach vacation? If you can’t recall the date because it was so long ago, the time has come. We’ve got five important reminders for you while recommending the best beach hotel on the Belize mainland: Belizean Dreams Resort!
- Wear sunscreen and reapply frequently. American Academy of Dermatology experts recommend products marked SPF30+. Apply an hour before you hit the beach and reapply every two hours. If you swim, reapply when you get out of the water.
- Don sunglasses. Who knew that skin cancer can strike the eyes? It’s called ocular melanoma and it’s worth splurging on polarized lenses to increase your protection. Don’t forget sunscreen around the eyes.
- Watch out for blisters! If you’re breaking in new flip-flops, be kind to the area between your toes, especially if your new flip-flops are made of rubber. You may want to check out new flip-flop styles featuring thongs made of fabric.
- Waterproof your electronics. Invest in a waterproof case if your devices aren’t water-resistant. In a pinch, a plastic sandwich bag can substitute. Make that a bigger plastic bag if you don’t want the book you brought to collect sand or get wet when waves wash up on shore.
- Stake out your share of beach early at Belizean Dreams where even the restaurant and bar look out over the ocean. Beach lounges are scattered throughout the resort and there are plenty of palm trees to claim, too. Bring tunes and towels. Tap concierge services so you don’t have to lift a finger.
Ready, set, beach yourself!
The art of sunbathing is as ancient as the Maya ruins scattered across Belize. Until the Elizabethan era when “pallor was considered the epitome of luxury,” Greeks and Romans thought nothing of developing healthy complexions born of time in the sun. That pasty look lost its appeal when Theobald Palm proved that sunlight was crucial for bone development in 1890, and the sun once again became a therapeutic and social asset.
Of course, you’ll be in charge of the amount of sun you get at Belizean Dreams if you are savvy enough to opt for an all-inclusive package that includes so many things to do, see and discover, that beach lounge is likely to take a backseat to resort tours and adventures. If you time your Belize beach getaway artfully, you could save more money by taking advantage of this time-limited discount.
Access to the Village of Hopkins will add to your getaway if you like to sandwich a bit of shopping, browsing, and pub crawling into your itinerary. After all, devoting every minute of your holiday to sunning means you’ll miss the heart and soul of this nation where swimming, diving, snorkeling, fishing, and sailing offer excitement and fun.
As a final note, your time on the beach comes with an obligation: Leave nothing behind but your footprints! Ready to audition those new flip-flops? It’s time to rediscover the wonder of beach roaming—especially if the last time you built a sand castle was so long ago, you can’t recall the sublime pleasure you felt the moment you finished!