If you’ve been putting off your wedding until you could gather your nearest and dearest in person for a celebration of love, you may be curious about current wedding trends. South Miami Beach wedding planner Marina Serret summed it up best when she told Bride magazine editors, “The pandemic taught both planners and couples that change is inevitable and that it should be mastered, not feared. We have all become more resourceful, creative, and flexible.”
Further, values have changed. Couples who might have gone for splashy, expensive affairs two years ago are rethinking destination weddings, and this sea change is especially evident in Belize, quickly returning to its former status as a destination wedding mecca for the Caribbean region. If just the thought of standing on a sunny beach to exchange vows intrigues you, use these tips to launch your own wedding plans.
- Choose the best time of year. For engaged couples seeking maximum romance on a shoestring budget, making a few compromises when weather in Belize isn’t ideal is a terrific way to pay for your honeymoon. Be flexible. Choose an inside affair if showers are likely or heat is at its peak or an outside venue when weather trends invite you to hit the beach for your seaside celebration.
- Decide how long you can afford to stay. Career-driven couples may hesitate at the thought of a destination wedding because leaving their home base disconnects them from clients or customers. But, if you two have the luxury of being mobile because your business affairs can be handled in cyberspace, all you need do is transfer your multitasking talents to your Belize wedding venue and it won’t matter how long you decide to sojourn in Belize.
- Make it legal. The Belize government makes it easy for couples to get hitched, but the process is even easier to navigate if you wed at Belizean Dreams Resort where a personal wedding planner helps you with paperwork. What’s involved? Read this resort page for details.
- Timing is everything. Belizean Dreams’ staffers are so adept at helping couples plan weddings, they can even tell you what time of day is best for those priceless wedding photos to be taken. Where to book a photographer? No worries: a photographer and videographer are part of all-inclusive wedding packages covering every aspect of your big day. Book your honeymoon stay with the all-inclusive honeymoon package.
- Have a blast. Every honeymooning couple is unique, which is why so many types of tours and excursions are available to resort guests. Since one person’s adventure is another one’s idea of too risky, discover tours on the Belizean Dreams menu that perfectly suit your style, ranging from ziplining, roaming Maya ruins, and every water sport under the sun.
- Customize every moment. If you’ve learned anything from Covid, it’s to make every minute count. By customizing your grand affair, every touch – from wedding cakes and flowers to food and beverages – will be exclusively yours. Bookings for 2022 destination weddings are flooding in, so act now at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the resort’s toll-free number (1-800-456-7150) to reserve your date.