Belizean Dreams Resort is located directly in front of the beach on the southern end of the Village of Hopkins in the Stann Creek District. The heart /center of the village is about one mile away from our Resort.
The Central Location of Hopkins, Belize means that Belizean Dreams Resort just a few miles away from all of Belize's Major Attractions---such as:
- The Belize Barrier Reef (10 miles from the 2nd longest living coral reef & one of the best snorkeling/ diving destination)
- Cocks Comb Basin Wild Life Sanctuary (10 miles away from our Jaguar Preserve and rainforest packed with hundreds of species of Birds)
- Mayflower Bocawina National Park (15 miles from hiking through our dense Rain Forest to a breathtaking waterfall)
- 3 of 4 Atolls in the Caribbean: Glover’s (24 Miles), Turneffe Atolls (24 Miles) and The Great Blue Hole (60 miles)
- Maya Temples (Xunantunich Mayan Monument-70 miles)
Curious to know more about Our Home- Hopkins, Belize?
Our Home Hopkins is known to be the friendliest (voted "The Friendliest Village in Belize" by Belize First Magazine) and #1 Cultural Destination (Home to the Garfinua Culture) throughout the entire Country of Belize.
This Unique Cultural destination is a beautiful Garifuna community with a population of approximately 1,500 friendly locals which is mostly made up of Garinagu people who settled on the southern coast of Belize in the early 19th century. The epic story of the Garinagu begins in the early 1600's on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent.
In 1635, two Spanish ships carrying Nigerian slaves floundered and sank off the coast of St. Vincent. The slaves that survived and swam ashore found shelter in the existing Carib Indian settlements. Over the next century and a half, the two peoples intermixed, intermarried and eventually fused into a single culture, the Black Caribs or Garinagu. In Belize, November 19th is a National Holiday celebrating Garifuna Settlement Day.
Many Hopkins residents speak fluent English, as well as their native tongue (a mixture of Arawak, African tongues, French, English and Spanish). People that travel to Hopkins often talk about the friendly people of the Village who welcome people from all walks of Life and enjoy sharing the history of the Garifuna and their local customs (drumming, dancing, singing etc.)
It’s about A people, A Culture and an experience!
If this sounds like the type of rich cultural environment that you and your family and friends would like to be in, then visit Hopkins village, Belize in style at Belizean Dreams Resort!
Email us at email@example.com