Belize Wedding Requirements
What are the requirements for getting married in Belize?
- You are required to stay in Belize for 3 days (72 hours) prior to the wedding.
- On the 1st business day after your marriage application can be submitted to the Solicitor General's office in Belmopan (the capital).
- On the fifth day, you will be married on your own private beach. For example: arrive on a Monday, get married on Friday. Both the trip and the license fee are included in the Dream Beach Wedding rate.
- Blood tests are not required, but you are required to provide
- proof of citizenship
- a certified copy of your birth certificate
- the original divorce certificate or death certificate, if applicable.
- We will assist you with your marriage license and the formal registration of your marriage by arranging to get you to Belmopan, the capital of Belize.
- There is a minimum stay of seven nights for this package. If you will be accompanied by a wedding party, we recommend that you reserve the suites or villas at least 5 months in advance of your stay.
For additional information on Belize wedding requirements, go to Travel Belize or contact us with any questions you have.