Belize Wedding Requirements
Are weddings in Belize recognized all over the world?
Yes, weddings in Belize are recognized all over the world.
What are the requirements for getting married in Belize?
- You are required to stay in Belize for 3 days (72 hours) prior to the wedding.
- On the 1st business day after your marriage application can be submitted to the Solicitor General's office in Belmopan (the capital).
- On the fifth day, you will be married on your own private beach. For example: arrive on a Monday, get married on Friday. Both the trip and the license fee are included in the Dream Beach Wedding rate.
- Blood tests are not required, but you are required to provide
- proof of citizenship
- a certified copy of your birth certificate
- the original divorce certificate or death certificate, if applicable.
- We will assist you with your marriage license and the formal registration of your marriage by arranging to get you to Belmopan, the capital of Belize.
- There is a minimum stay of seven nights for this package. If you will be accompanied by a wedding party, we recommend that you reserve the suites or villas at least 5 months in advance of your stay.
For additional information on Belize wedding requirements, go to Travel Belize or contact us with any questions you have.