Human beings can’t stop asking “why?” Intrepid travelers are especially curious, eager to know about things that aren’t always mentioned in travel brochures and articles. Heading for Belize? Eager to find out why Hopkins Village has become the place visitors are most curious about? We’ve saved you some time by listing the following “can’t miss” things, places and experiences you want to know about before coming to Hopkins.
1. Satisfy your passion for chocolate. Belize is a chocolate epicenter and home to cacao farms where the beans are grown. Take a chocolate tour and learn to make your own supply of the good stuff.
2. Hopkins is often party central. Show up for Mango Fest, lobster season, conch season and patriotic festivities that include Belize Independence day (September 21st) and Garifuna Settlement Day (November 19th).
3. Talk to the animals hanging out at the Belize Barrier Reef, Mayflower National Park, Gladden Spit, Monkey River and jungles teeming with critters.
4. Bang your drum loudly. Hopkins is a drumming capital courtesy of Garifuna people who drum to mark every occasion under the sun. Sign up for drum lessons while you’re there.
5. Learn more about the Garifuna whose fascinating lineages of African, Creole, Caribbean and other ethnicities are a source of pride.
6. Make good on that zip line promise. Work out your trepidation by hiking to the site and swimming in a waterfall before you zip over a jungle canopy.
7. Check in with Belize’s jaguars at the Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve. They’re shy but spectacular. On your way, visit ancient Maya ruins and swim in a waterfall for a full day of exploration.
8. Go bananas. Visit a banana farm where farmers are happy to give you samples. You don’t have to eat them all. Take a couple of them with you on a Monkey River Tour as incentive to treat apes on the shore with tasty bites as you sail by.
9. Snorkel the planet’s second biggest barrier reef. Conveniently located off the Belizean Dreams Resort shoreline, this is the preferred resort for visitors eager to sojourn in Hopkins.
10. Go cave tubing. Climb aboard your oversized tube and off you float into caverns where guides regale you with stories about the caves, area history and lots more.
11. Stroll Hopkins Village to visit shops, boutiques, markets and points of interest that reflect the town’s color and character. Shop for souvenirs and sample tasty local treats at eateries.
12. Discover why Belizean Dreams guests love this resort. All of the aforementioned tours can be booked through the concierge, so guests save time and effort. Achieve the ultimate in relaxation by booking a Belize all inclusive package that includes your suite, meals and amenities.
Stay longer and save enough money to make certain you see everything on that list by choosing a special deal that gives you more time to hang out in Hopkins – and isn’t that the reason you wanted to sojourn there in the first place?
Contact Us Today
Email: [email protected]
US Toll Free: 1 (800) 456 7150
Local Belize Reservation Desk: 011 501 522 2400
Local Belize Front Desk: 011 501 670 2251