How long has it been since you took a vacation? If you can’t recall, you need to relax more than most!
If the summer slipped away without putting an “On vacation” sign on your office door or cube, you need help, says Dr. Shannon Torberg who authors blogs for AllinaHealth.org. Her patients show up for therapy sessions frazzled. If that’s your state when you look into a mirror, you’ve got to get away and relax.
Your excuse? They’re probably creative and varied, but the physical and physiological beatings your head and body take without sufficient relaxation will take a toll. Dr. Torberg can’t prescribe relaxation for you, but we can: Get to Belize right now.
Belize is designed for rest and relaxation. Everywhere you go, you’re greeted by warm, laid-back people who have their priorities straight. It takes only a couple of hours to fly here from North America, so even the short flight is relaxing.
6 Benefits you receive by relaxing in Belize
- Your body would send you a thank you note if it could because getting away and relaxing lowers high blood pressure and reduces your risk of contracting heart disease.
- It’s almost impossible to get uptight and stressed out when sun, fun and breezes alter your brain structure as a result of the decrease in the amount of the stress hormone cortisol, known to trigger depression and anxiety.
- People traveling specifically to relax and revive their equilibriums score 68.4 on Gallup-Heathway's Well-Being Index; folks who don’t reserve time to relax are lucky to score 51.4 on this scale.
- The impact of a relaxing vacation can stick around for up to 5 weeks. It takes that long for those stress chemicals to start invading your brain again.
- Your chances of experiencing job burnout are dramatically reduced by taking relaxing vacations. This is particularly true for people with high-stress jobs.
- You don’t have to vacation with family to improve those relationships. An Arizona Department of Health and Human Services study concluded that women taking girlfriend trips are more satisfied with their marriages.
A Haven for weary travelers
Belizean Dreams Resort founders had a master plan in mind when they opened their tropical oasis: offering every type of relaxation option that’s ever been dreamed up—and then they added more. The resort’s layout is lush and green; accommodations are inviting and luxurious.
Onsite dining at the Woven Palms Restaurant overlooking the beach and Caribbean Sea serves up tranquility and gourmet dishes, and bartenders at the beachfront Tiki Bar are happy to mix exotic drinks to your specifications. Dare we mention the spa, where the number of services offered by experienced masseuses is breathtaking? Okay. We did!
Unwinding and relaxing could be all about saving money if the reason you don’t relax enough has to do with being on a stringent budget. No Worries. Belizean Dreams Resort has you covered with Belize all inclusive packages. Just scanning your options could put you into a state of bliss!
Contact us today for more information about visiting Belize.